Hand Drawn Portrait Commission
Commission me to create a hand drawn portrait of yourself, the special someone, or special couple in your life. Using a reference photographs provided by you, I will create your truly personal Doodlher artwork using black fine-liner pens, paint pens and can also add a coloured background. My portrait commissions are perfect as gifts, or mementos for a special occasion. You will receive the original, signed artwork.
Your portrait will be carefully hand drawn in black pen using your supplied photograph as a reference. After you have purchased your portrait commission through my website, contact me by replying to your order confirmation to share your reference photograph(s). If I have any questions or suggestions about how your artwork could look, we’ll discuss it at this point.
Your portrait will be drawn on acid-free 240gsm textured paper. My standard paper size is A4 but this may be trimmed to 8×10″ if the shape best fits the portrait. The orientation of the paper (portrait or landscape) will be chosen to best fit the artwork.
How to Order & What Happens Next?
- Choose your background colour, then read and accept the T&Cs of commissioning artwork. Add the custom portrait to your basket and complete the checkout process to place your order.
- After submitting your order, contact me by email (by replying to your order confirmation) with the photograph(s) you would like me to use as a reference. Make sure that your photograph is high resolution. Background scenes will not be drawn into the artwork. If there are any important aspects of the photograph you would like me to focus on (e.g. a piece of jewellery) please include this information along with your photograph. After reviewing your photograph, I will be in touch with any questions I may have about the subject in the photo.
- After receiving answers and confirmation from yourself to begin, your portrait will be scheduled for creation and I will provide you with an approximate date of completion.
- Once I have finished drawing your commissioned portrait, I will contact you to either arrange collection, or to confirm that it is ready to be sent to you in the post.
- Hand drawn on 240gsm acid-free, textured paper
- Signed & dated
- Paper size: A4 (may be trimmed to 8×10″ if it suits the composition size better).
View current postage prices here. Postage times are from your completed artwork’s dispatch date.
Enter your delivery address in Basket or Checkout to view your final postage price. If you are buying more than one item, the postage price for the largest item will apply.
All commissioned artwork orders and artworks that have been printed specifically upon your request are not entitled to a refund. This is because they are one-of-a-kind pieces that have been custom-made to your specific requirements.